Surveys can be a powerful tool in gathering patient reported outcomes. Using the Pattern Health Administrative portal, you can create customized surveys to better understand your patients or participants.
To get started, once you have logged in to the web portal, go to the Surveys section.
To create a new survey, select the Add Survey button in the top right.
The first step is to name your survey and provide any additional welcome text. Ensure that the Type is set to Survey.
(Optional) Once you have named your survey, you can then provide an Info Screen by selecting the Add Info Screen button. The Info Screen can be used to provide users with a brief introduction to the survey.
Your text will preview on the phone to the right of the survey to help you visualize your users experience.
Next, you can begin adding questions by selecting the Add Survey Question button.
There are 8 different question types to select from.
- Yes / No - prompts users to select a yes or no answer
- Text - provides users the ability to enter text freely (up to 300 characters)
- Scale - allows users to select an answer on a scale that you set
- Integer - allows user to input a numeric value
- Decimal number - allows users to input a numeric value with a decimal
- Date - allows users to input a valid date
- Choice (text values) - allows user to select from a list of text options you have provided
- Choice (numeric) - allows users to select from a list of number options you have provided
There a additional question options available, by clicking Advanced Options in the bottom right.
Prompt Details allows you to provide users with additional context for your question.
You can also add Rules to control the action upon completing the survey question. For example, if the user answers that they are feeling well, you can have the user end the survey. While if the user answers that they are not feeling well, you can direct them to additional questions.
Using the operating system selector (iOS or Android) above the phone allows you to view the survey layout on both Android and iOS devices.