Notification rules can be a powerful tool to help create powerful patient engagement and automate care plan interventions.
To create notification rules for your care plan, from the Pattern Health Administrative Web Portal start by viewing the Rules section.
Then, select Add Rules in the top right corner.
Begin, by naming your rule - ensure your name is something descriptive as you may want to create several rules and it will be easier to manage.
Next, determine the conditions you want to trigger your notification. You can have the notification triggered if they any or all of the conditionals are met.
For instance, if I set to any and I have 3 conditions by notification will be triggered if any of the 3 are met. However, if I set to all and I have 3 conditions, all 3 conditions must be met before the notification will be triggered.
You have the following condition options:
- User Properties
- Age - a notification will triggered based on users age
- Gender - a notification will be triggered based on uses gender
- Custom attribute - a notification will be triggered based on any of the custom attributes you have set up
- Count of measurements - a notification will be triggered based on a count (average, sum, min, max, range) of measurements collected in HealthStar (weight, medication, blood pressure, etc.)
- Latest measurement value - a notification will be triggered when a measurement reaches a value
- Aggregate over last N day - a notification will be triggered when a measurement (average, sum, min, max, range, count) reaches a value over the time frame provided
- Aggregate over last N measurements - a notification will be triggered when a the aggregate (average, sum, min, max, range, count) number of measurement reaches a value specified
- Count of tasks - a notification will be triggered when the count of tasks reaches a value specified
- Task adherence - a notification will be triggered when all or specified tasks are completed over a period of time specified
- Care Plan
- Care plan - a notification will be triggered when a care plan is either assigned or not assigned
Once you have specified your conditions, you will need to set the Action.
You have the following Action options:
- Send User Message - send the user specified text as a low, medium, or high priority message that is either classified as info, alert, or motivational
- Raise Alarm - raise a low, medium or high priority alarm with text specified
- Notify Support Group - sends the users support group a message with the text specified
Notification classification options are:
- Info - an info notification will appear on the home screen of HealthStar when the user opens the app
- Alert - an alert will send a notification on the users device (similar to that of the message they receive when a task is due)
- Motivational - a motivational notification will appear on the home screen under the Messages section of HealthStar when the user opens the app